Apply for a Business Restart Grant
The application window for the Business Restart Grant is now closed.
The Restart Grant aimed to support businesses by providing a one-off payment to help them reopen safely as Covid-19 restrictions were lifted. If you have already applied for the grant and have yet to receive funds, please contact Liverpool City Council directly.
The Restart Grant supports businesses by providing a one-off payment to help them reopen safely as Covid-19 restrictions are lifted.
The scheme is for businesses that offer in-person services in fixed rate-paying premises. It will include:
- Grants of up to £6,000 for non-essential retail business premises.
- Grants of up to £18,000 for hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym premises (which may open later under plans set out in the government’s roadmap and will be more impacted by restrictions when they do reopen).
To qualify for this grant, your business must be:
- trading from your business premises in Liverpool on 1st April 2021.
- in the non-essential retail, hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care or gym sector
- responsible for Business Rates on 1st April 2021.
How much is the grant and when will it be paid?
The amount you get depends on the nature of your business as well as the rateable value of your premises, as shown in the table below.
|Rateable value of premises||Non-essential retail businesses||Hospitality, accommodation, leisure, personal care and gym premises|
|£15,000 or under||£2,667||£8,000|
|£15,001 – £50,999||£4,000||£12,000|
|£51,000 or over||£6,000||£18,000|
You can find the rateable value of your premises on your latest business rates bill, or check the commercial premises register online.
Do subsidy allowance or state aid rules apply?
The scheme is covered by 3 subsidy allowances:
- Small Amounts of Financial Assistance Allowance – you’re allowed up to £335,000 subject to exchange rates – over any period of three years
- Covid-19 Business Grant Allowance – you’re allowed up to £1,600,000
- Covid-19 Business Grant Special Allowance – if you have reached your limits under the Small Amounts of Financial Assistance Allowance and the Covid-19 Business Grant Allowance, you may be able to access a further allowance of funding under these scheme rules of up to £9,000,000, provided certain conditions are met
Grants under these three allowances can be combined for a potential total allowance of up to £10,935,000, subject to exchange rates.
By accepting a grant payment you must confirm that you are not in breach of subsidy allowance or state aid rules, as appropriate.
How to apply
If you meet the criteria for a Restart Grant you can apply online below. We will review your application and let you know if you are entitled to a payment.