Rise in COVID-19 cases in Liverpool – How you can help mitigate this
There has been a steep rise in COVID-19 cases in Liverpool in the last week. The most common strain of virus in the UK now is called the Delta variant. It spreads more easily than the previous strain. We must take this concerning increase very seriously to protect the health of local people and protect the economy.
Please be aware that there will be people visiting your premises who are infectious but have not yet developed symptoms.
We thank you for your ongoing support and write to ask that the following measures are in place:
- Ensure that all staff are aware of the increased transmission of the Delta variant and that they understand that it is likely people with the infection will attend your premises this weekend.
- Maintain all COVID-19 secure working arrangements. It remains very important that we all keep our distance, wash hands regularly, open windows and doors to keep rooms well-ventilated and meet people outdoors when possible, and wear face coverings when required or when it is not possible to keep our distance.
- Get your staff to book a PCR test if they start to experience any of the COVID-19 symptoms (fever or cough or less/change of taste or smell) it is essential that they isolate immediately and book a PCR test NOT an LFT. To book a PCR test, call 119 for free or book online at → https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
- We strongly recommend all staff take a rapid (30 minute) LFT twice weekly. Staff can collect home test kits from their nearest pharmacy.
- Vaccination protects against the Delta variant; two doses are needed, and it is important that staff are encouraged to get their Covid vaccine as soon as they are offered.
Since w/c 21 June 2021 there is a pop-up vaccination centre in the Pier Head, make sure your staff is aware of this opportunity to get vaccinated. Book your vaccination here.