Grant for Micro and Small Businesses Impacted by Omicron Variant
The Government has provided Liverpool City Council, and the other neighbouring local authorities in the Liverpool City Region, with Additional Restrictions Grant 3 (ARG3) funding.
This fund is designed to support businesses in the hospitality, leisure and accommodation businesses severely impacted by the rise of the Omicron variant and it will be allocated to those most in need.
What businesses can apply?
This fund is for Micro and Small businesses, as described under the Companies Act 2006, that are NOT eligible for the Omicron Hospitality and Leisure Grant. See the list of businesses that can apply below:
- Accommodation – not Airbnb
- Caterers and catering suppliers/equipment
- English language schools
- Entertainment industries such as self-employed/professional musicians, promoters, artist agents/management companies
- Events industries such as marquee, sound and lighting, security company, event entertainment agency, event planner and management, event photographer, event and hospitality staffing agency
- Freelance and mobile businesses such as caterers, events, hair, beauty
- Hospitality businesses
- Leisure businesses
- Personal care
- The travel and tourism sector e.g. group travel, travel agents, tour operators and facilitators, coach operators, limousine hire
- Wedding-related businesses
- Those in the hospitality and leisure sector supply chain
Apply for Additional Restrictions Grant 3
Liverpool City Council’s ARG3 allocation is £622,981.34 and high demand for funding is anticipated – so there is no guarantee that an application will be approved.
Applications can be made from Monday 24th January 2022 until at 5pm on Friday 4th February 2022.
Businesses are advised to apply for the grants as soon as they can.