Save the date! Summer celebrations for Liverpool’s famous streets
Liverpool’s ‘Celebrating Bold Street’ and ‘Celebrating Castle Street’ events will return this August. Celebrating city centre businesses, the events feature a jam-packed programme of street entertainment, music, workshops, chef’s demos and more, sharing the unique character of two of the city centre’s most striking streets.
Celebrating Castle Street will take place on Sunday 6 August, with Celebrating Bold Street taking place on Sunday 13 August. Both will see roads closed as businesses spread into the public realm, alongside a programme of activity with businesses showcasing their talent and offer, including demonstrations of favourite dishes, competitions, workshops and family-friendly activities.
Each event day will be open from 11 am until 6 pm, but the fun won’t stop there!
On Castle Street you’ll be able to:
- Get involved with our free Easy Like Sunday Morning Yoga at the Town Hall – you can book here
- Listen and watch some of the best chefs and cocktail masters around on our chef demo stage
- Live music & busking throughout the day along Castle Street
- Learn how to play the Ukulele in a free session – book here
- Hear the beat of drums with Batala Mersey
- Meet our weird and wonderful puppet waiters
- Listen to easy jazz in the afternoon
- Get some of the best samples and offers from Castle Street’s finest businesses
Follow @CastleStreetOfficial for the latest updates.
On Bold Street you’ll find:
- An animal kingdom parade with Dolly the giant giraffe and 2 majestic lions
- Face painting and glitter painting
- Local buskers and live music, get in touch with us here to book your slot!
- Get involved in our free family friendly craft sessions – book here
- See and listen to marching bands
- In store DJ’s
- Craft markets
- Outdoor market stalls
- And try, meet and enjoy some of the best Bold Street has to offer!
- With thanks to Friend of Bold Street, Pizza Punks, for their support on Celebrating Bold Street
Follow @BoldStreetOfficial for the latest updates.
Bill Addy is CEO of Liverpool BID Company,
“We are delighted to be able to support the return of these free family events. We have such a breadth of creative and characterful businesses that help to make our city centre stand out. These celebrations are an opportunity to kick back and spend a Sunday celebrating our city”.