Upcoming changes to The Strand from 5 March
From Friday 5 March there will be temporary closures put in place on Water Street. Also during the week commencing Monday 8 March, some of the permanent changes to The Strand scheme will begin to be implemented.
The following changes are to be put in place from Friday 5 March:
On Friday 5 March, GRAHAM will be closing Water Street on the east side from Castle Street (adjacent to Gino D’Campo restaurant) for a period of 2 weeks. Please note, that the GRAHAM site team will not be working the Easter weekend of Friday 2 through to Monday 5 April.
In order to assist with local traffic movements, access and servicing in the area, Liverpool City Council will:
- Temporarily suspend the access restriction (no vehicles 10am to 11pm) currently in place on Castle Street (Dale Street to Brunswick Street), Brunswick Street (Castle Street to Fenwick Street) and Lower Castle Street (at its junctions with Brunswick Street).
- The bollards will therefore remain in the down position whilst these works are ongoing and traffic signs indicating the restriction temporarily covered over.
It is anticipated that the works will be completed before the demand for outdoor hospitality in this area is due to recommence from 12 April, as indicated in the governments latest roadmap.
Diversion signs will be in place and marshals will be available to assist deliveries in the area. You can view the diversion plan here.
The following changes are to be implemented from Monday 8 March:
- Travelling north or south from The Strand, there will no longer be access or egress to Canada Boulevard or Mann Island from Water Street.
- Two-way traffic will be via Brunswick Street only.
- Georges Dockway will be fully opened and provide one way access to Mann Island from Brunswick Street.
- A two-way road will provide access to St Nicholas Place.
- Pay and display parking bays for public use will still be located at Water Street and Brunswick Street.
Working safely during Covid-19
The GRAHAM site is rigorously adhering to social distancing regulations, and external daily briefings are being conducted to highlight and reinforce, safe working procedures for the welfare of our staff and members of the public.